Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A busy time

It's been a number of days since my last post.

I'm sure that I'm not alone at being busy during this time of year. My "busyness" comes mostly from running a home-based, one-person business. My wife does all the shopping and baking (2nd Pulla installment today - see previous post). I don't like shopping - she loves it. Whatever few presents I buy usually come via the internet. Throughout the year, my wife is always looking out for gifts to give on various occasions, so we usually have our Christmas gifts assembled well before the shopping season starts.

As it is, our social calendar is also full until the end of the year, what with family and friends hosting little get-togethers, the grandchildrens' school and recital performances, etc. It is a joyful time. tempered to some degree by Derek's illness.

My wife and I wish all who read this blog a Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year, and, especially, Good Health.

1 comment:

  1. I admire and envy your wonderful organization, finding myself less than a week away from D-Day and unable to fill every shoe under the Christmas tree with proper gifts.

    Late, late, late !

    I planned on rushing in the stores this afternoon (wednesday is the school day off), but then my husband's office offered two seats for the circus for Sibylle (our youngest daughter) and a parent... and the parent turns out to be me, her father being back to work !

    And some things I ordered on the Internet three weeks ago are still missing...

    And just yesterday we realized that one of Sibylle's school friend was alone with her mother on Christmas Eve, very far away from family (they come from Romania)... so we invited them, but now, we are two more gifts short !

    Stop posting on the Internet, Laurence, and get running !

    ReplyDelete